SNC-Lavalin’s Buildings and Structures team is experienced across all phases ofthe project lifecycle working from project definition, through feasibility and development, design and construction management.
We specialize in buildings and structures in a rail environment and are conversant with the particular challenges of delivering complex civils construction schemes in an operational railway context. The typical types of schemes we undertake are station and depotdevelopments both refurbishment and new build, and trackside civil engineering.
We are capable of undertaking and managing all aspects of major civils and construction works on the railway, including:
- Design, including civil and structural engineering, architecture, and building services;
- Scheme management through design development, construction tender and procurement, construction and site management, stakeholder management;
- Quantity surveying and estimating;
- Health and safety management, including discharge of relevant legislative and regulatory requirements; and
- Railway possession and blockade planning and management.
- Project experience over the last two years include major station reconstructions; packages of station improvement schemes (part of the UK’s National Stations Improvement Program) delivered for train operators; technical assurance roles on major depot reconstruction and new build works as part of London’s major Thameslink program.